MF50 Anti-Leak Silicone Tapes in stock
MF50 Anti-Leak Silicone Tapes, 25 mm x 5 m
MF50 - Anti-Leak Silicone Tapes
Silicone repair tape for emergencies and all-purpose repairs. Suitable for automotive, plumbing, and marine applications. Wide temperature range from -45°C to 200°C.
MF50 Anti-Leak tape is a self-fusing silicon tape for emergencies and all-purpose repairs. MF50 can be applied on a wide range of surfaces, has many uses including the repair of leaking pipes and hoses, protection of electrical connections, cables, hand tool handles and much more.
Anti-Leak Tape is resistant to UV, fuel, water, oils, acids, and wide range of solvents. The tape creates a permanent air-tight and water-tight seal immediately after application. It ensures anti-corrosive and electrical protection. It is very easy to remove and leaves no sticky residue on the elements it covered.
Material Type: Silicone rubber
Liner: PE film
Thickness: 0,5 mm
Temperature range - continuous: -45°C to 200°C
Temperature range - intermittent: -65°C to 260°C
Specific Gravity: 1,25 g/ml
Tensile Strength: 700 psi min
Elongation: 400% min
Dielectric strength: 400 Vpm min
Volume resistivity: 1 x 1013 OHMs/cm
Pressure resistance: Approximately 10 – 12* bars
IMPA code: 81 21 75**
* requires multiple layers application
** similar product's code
- Clean the repair surface from dirt, oil etc. before the application.
- Attach the beginning of tape close to damage area and start wrapping around (with tension).
- Keep stretching the tape, and continue installation with 50% overlap. It will fuse to itself after overlapping.
- Finish the wrapping over the problem area and once finished press the end firmly into place.
- For high pressure leaks, additional wrapping may be required. Most hose repairs can be repaired with 3-5 layers in thickness, and wrapping 3 to 5 inches in each direction away from the leak point; however, additional strength can be added simply by wrapping more layers of the MF50 tape.
- For electrical wiring, it is not necessary to stretch tightly. In fact, it will be more resilient to abrasion when it is not stretched as tightly.
Cut the tape using scissors or knife.
MAINTENANCE AND STORING
It is suggested to store the MF50 tapes in dry area at room temperature away from direct exposure to light. However there is no defined storage period of MF50 tapes. According to the experience of the customers the silicone tapes would work very well even after many years of storage.